Jennifer Hills will present the story of the Twin Falls City Park Historic District including local churches, the court house, and buildings from the past. All museum lectures are free and open to the public.
Excerpt from the Times News: TWIN FALLS: The City Park’s original bandstand, built in 1910, was an utter failure. The bandstand was a lovely example of early 20th century architecture. But despite its charm, the bandstand was useless. The acoustics were terrible, and the band ended up sitting in front of the bandstand when playing for a crowd.
Several decades later, the bandstand was torn down, and Twin Falls architect Ernest H. Gates designed a new bandshell. The city paid for materials, and labor was provided by three dozen men paid through the Idaho Employment Relief Administration, the state equivalent of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s Federal Emergency Relief Administration.
In the end, the new bandshell — described as a “permanent structure of beauty and usefulness” — cost the city only $700.