100 years old
This is the Union School Building's 100th anniversary. Originally the school was a frame building, erected in 1908 and attended by eighteen children. The wooden structure burned down around 1912 and in 1914 the current yellow brick structure was built. When the school first opened children from grades one through eight attended, but later on the seventh and eight graders attended school in Twin Falls. The building has had several necessary repairs in the last several years, including a new roof and window replacement, but is still in need of more window repair. The grounds include two acres, a Pioneer House, Blacksmith Shop, open loafing shed display and a coop that no longer houses chickens but has a carpenter shop, tack and butcher shop displays. There is also a metal building on the east side of the museum that houses the Historical Society's larger artifacts such as the Fire Engine and several types of wagons.
Leave a Reply.